December 28, 2008

Family Time

This Christmas I miss my brother. Our usual family traditions felt a little empty without him around. The house was definitely quieter and life a bit more dull. We got the chance to talk to him on Christmas morning--it's so weird that he is across the world in a freezing, bleak, desolate country (Ukraine). His Christmas gifts didn't arrive on time (and even if they get there they will have been rummaged through and half missing). But he was still cheerful and seemed unaffected by his situation. I sit here in my warm home with food abundant and piles of presents and realize how lucky I am. We wish we could have spent Christmas with you this year, Jacob.

With my brothers and sisters on our wedding day...



Siblings this summer before Jacob left on his mission...

We also missed not being able to be with Dustin's family. They were spread all over the West for the holidays this year. We can't wait to come out and visit!

With Dustin's Family on our wedding day...


No comments:

Post a Comment