December 18, 2010

Graduation Getaway

As a graduation gift, my parents gave us tickets to Universal Orlando. So naturally, as soon as school ended, we took off for the Florida sunshine.


The first few days were FREEZING. I didn't know Florida could get so cold. So we did a lot of shopping and movie watching. It was a little disappointing...

But then it warmed up. And I fell in love with Florida winters.



What we really came for... Hogwarts!




And Hogsmead...


And butterbeer!



And the who's weren't bad either...


And of course we scoured Orlando for all the best food...



And in the process we found the temple...



On our last day we stopped in St. Augustine (the oldest city in the United States, founded by the Spanish in 1565)... it was beautiful. And warm and sunny. I didn't want to leave.




1 comment:

  1. Nice trip. Heather finds it hard to fathom you got that close to disneyworld without going in. I don't know Harry Potter but those decorations appear to be quite fancy.
    Congrats on the graduation. Too bad Dustin is a year behind.

    ReplyDelete