February 27, 2011

Winter Ball

MCV holds a Winter Ball at the Jefferson Hotel every February. The perfect excuse to dress up, enjoy a fancy dinner, and dance the night away. Thanks to Nick and Jenna for snapping a few shots of us on our way out the door...



Did I forget to mention there was gambling? (No real money involved.) Dustin enjoyed some blackjack...


And I was hiding at the poker table. I have an ongoing love affair with poker.

I can thank Dustin's college roommates for my gambling skills (it's ironic what you learn at BYU). I'm pretty sure I've never told my parents about this but here goes....

Several years ago I won a (free-entry) Texas Hold'em tournament on our Mexican cruise (and a small sum of money). (And seriously ticked off a large group of experienced gamblers.) But that wasn't the beginning...

When we were little my brother and I would sneak into the basement and play poker where my Dad couldn't find us. (Candy was the preferred currency.) Then he caught on and confiscated the cards and chips and we had to become even stealthier. It started young.



Once I got the gambling out of my system, we hit the dance floor.





Yeah, it was fun.

4 comments:

  1. Your gambling story on the cruise makes me happy. I remember when dad had that big ordeal about Jacob's poker chips and also when Jacob taught Amber and I poker and we used that huge bucket of pennies...good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pics! I enjoyed reading about your childhood poker antics. I never knew about that. (I do remember the days of poker at Dustin's and his roommates getting mad when you won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun night! I'm just sad that it's my last one. :( I'm not surprised that you play poker...you're so good at all games!

    ReplyDelete