March 30, 2012

Celebrating Baby Girl

I made it home from the hospital just in time to attend my own baby shower last Saturday morning. (I'd been looking forward to it for so long, I was determined not to be stuck in the hospital a second longer.) Since it was being hosted by my wonderful friend Kayli (who lives a few houses down the street), we figured it wouldn't be too much of a strain. (I have to mention that when we arrived it was showering outside and the entire front lawn was strewn with pink cherry blossom petals. So fitting.)








Thank you to all the girls who made it happen... for those of you who drove hours to be here... who made the delicious food and beautiful decorations... captured the morning in these photos ... and of course for all the adorable gifts! Baby girls are so much fun!




Yes, I was still under the influence of narcotics. And I felt totally strange and loopy (in the best possible way). Apparently I overdid it a little bit because by the time I got home my calves and feet were swollen and puffy. And then I slept the rest of the day. But it was a weekend I'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment