March 16, 2009

Birthday Weekend

My birthday was last Monday. But I declared a re-celebration of my birthday on Saturday. Anything to stretch out the festivities as long as possible! Actually, we returned from the beach early to visit and celebrate with my family!


Dustin surprised me with stunning tulips (and he accompanied me on a tortuously long trip to Tyson's Corner- the mecca of shopping in the nation's capitol)...


I have three gorgeous and sweet little sisters who picked out the perfect gifts!

My mom baked me a devastatingly decadent German Chocolate Cake (which you can read about in detail here)...


And Dad took us out to Bonefish Grill where I ordered an entree that had tilapia, scallops, crab, and shrimp all in one dish! (A seafood lover's fantasy!)

Then we settled in to watch Ghost Town (which is ironically about a dentist), and laughed and giggled (except for Amber who didn't know what a laxative was) and had to clarify that no, Dustin will not have to wear a smock!

It was a very excellent way to turn 23.

3 comments:

  1. You guys crammed a lot of fun into one week. And I can't wait to check out the German cake recipe...that was one of my childhood favs and I don't have a good recipe for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo i feel bad that i never comment on anything..so I'm doing that today..blogs are certainly entertaining since im always on an permanent break! Im jealous you went to Tyson's corner..and Dustin is a good boy to do it with you! Your house at the beach was beautiful! did i tell you im probably going to california for easter weekend..so im excited for my own beach time. talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday! We need to have you and Dustin over for dinner or a movie night

    ReplyDelete