March 12, 2009

Carolina Coast

Over Dustin's spring break (I am on permanent break right now) we vacationed with dental school friends in North Carolina's Outer Banks. We shared this Corolla beach house with 8 other couples and their adorable children:




HIGHlights of the trip:

A nighttime game of sardines where we managed to cram 12, 14? adults into one stand-up shower, found Doug stuffed under a king-sized mattress, and Rich inside the couch!




Sunny yet blustery days on the beach and FREEZING cold water. Including Heather's face when she came out of said water. (As captured on camera- Sadly, I missed it in person.)


It was excellent weather to fly a kite.


Turning 23! The biggest birthday party (shared with Marci) that I've had in a long time (even though most everyone didn't know till the last second- they were very congenial about singing to us and of course, sharing our cake)!


Kitty Hawk- the view from the hill where the Wright Brothers took their first flights. We learned that when they first showed up to the Outer Banks it was all sand dunes and resembled the Sahara Desert. Not anymore.


The LOWlights:

Our first flat. We've been married two and a half years- I guess it's about time we had a flat tire. Dustin was sweet enough to let me stay on the beach while he spent our last day driving to and from the car shop.

Golfing. I'll consider this a low because I didn't go! The boys hit the (lets call it budget-friendly) course for 9 holes.


Rockband. Great fun, but also a low because it emphasizes how absolutely and definitively NOT musically talented I am. Dustin can hold his own, especially on the guitar. I've been known to take the mic- but only when no one else is around!



So it appears that (except for that blasted tire) our trip was all-around awesome and I can't wait for Spring break next year (and by then I'll truly need it, since nursing school is just 2 months away)!

But wait! That was just the first half of our week...

3 comments:

  1. Oh that mattress picture... priceless.

    What a blast! I'm so glad we got to be there the same time as you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I was rocking out. What I want to see is the picture of Jackie Shaffer getting down with the guitar..it's equally humilliating..Signed, Dustin

    ReplyDelete