And the national herb garden (which you can't really see). The arboretum has miles of driving/hiking trails through a dozen different gardens. D.C.'s hidden gem!
Afterwards we stopped in Capitol Hill for pizza and gelato.
On Saturday the boys took me out to the shooting range... (I'd never shot a gun before.)
And taught me how it's done.
I might have left with a sore shoulder and partially deaf, but as suspected, I loved it!
And on Monday we were back. With a new arsenal and a few more friends.
We felt it was an appropriate way to celebrate our freedom. And embrace our inner redneck.
Dustin beat me by a single shot!
Jake insisted that I include this photo of him "planking" (some Australian fad) on the tree swing. Here you go, little bro.
And while Amber and Katelyn missed the real shooting because they had to work over the 4th, we celebrated together by playing an obnoxious amount of Bang!.
2 of the last 3 posts include statements calling yourselves rednecks. I think your time in VA might have changed you.
ReplyDelete