Mother's Day was a bit more meaningful this year being a fresh new mom (which still doesn't feel real most of the time- this baby is
mine?). These first few weeks have been an emotional and physical roller coaster ride for me (and probably everyone around me). I've never felt more appreciative of my own mother and the amazing job she did in raising me and my four siblings. I look at every woman with children differently now. They're all super-women in my eyes. I've barely survived two weeks, but I have a new profound respect for the love and sacrifice motherhood requires.
Dustin's parents and part of my family were in town for graduation, so we decided to go ahead and bless
12-day-old Clara.
To the two mom's in our lives... we love you so much!
You are brave to bless a 12 day old baby! Looks like she did great though.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get her dress? I love it!!
So sweet. I love that Clara is sound asleep in every shot. And... I think you should probably be a surrogate for me next time, seriously.
ReplyDeletetracie- The dress is baby gap- should still have it in stores- called the waterfall dress or something like that
ReplyDeletejenna- thanks for compliment- but it' take an awful lot of money to want me to be pregnant for someone else- not my fav thing :)
What sweet pictures and time for your family. I thought the first one was the hardest to adjust to, a little over whelming.
ReplyDeleteWow were you really pregnant with a 7 1/2 lb baby, you are looking really great.
:D
I have loved keeping up with your journey to sweet Clara and now the true reality that having a newborn, and being a mother include. She is beautiful and your honesty and feelings are all the real deal! Congrats on a beautiful blessing and anytime you want to vent or talk "real life" I am always here and willing.
ReplyDelete