March 11, 2013

a birthday

my 27th birthday was on saturday
the weather was perfectly gloomy (cold and drizzly)
but dustin was home (and not on call! I hate weekend call)
and Clara wasn't sick (it feels like she's been sick since Christmas)


so we had the day to ourselves
we went to lunch at our favorite/the-yummiest-breakfast-place-EVER
took naps and snuck in a few episodes of our current netflix obsession
Dustin and I went out for sushi (and some amazing japanese sweet potato fries)
followed by german chocolate cupcakes
and Clara going crazy opening my gifts




thank you sweet little family. I love you!


p.s.
I was convinced she was going to say "mama" for the first time on my birthday (a present I wanted soo badly)
well, she was only a day late!
as of yesterday, we've heard a few "mamas"
but so far she only screams/yells them at me when she's upset or wants something
i'm thrilled anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday! Yay for CLara saying, "Mama!".

    ReplyDelete