March 29, 2013

at work

I should make Dustin write a post about what actually goes on in a pediatric dental residency. 

From what I hear it involves a lot of screaming/bucking kids (they call it "rodeo dentistry"), toddlers with rotted out mouths, occasional nighttime calls to the ER to salvage a broken tooth, and trips to the OR when all other methods fail.

Does he like it? 
Some days.

It's a tough job. 
But extremely satisfying when a kid who was completely traumatized at the beginning comes back happy and excited to see him. 

Which happens.
Because he's good.

this photo ended up published somewhere... 
this peaceful momement is not the typical day I usually hear about


the commute


 his gown ripped apart by a patient


he's also taking classes and doing research (and getting a master's degree... I'm still unclear as to why)


with his co-residents 

No comments:

Post a Comment