March 26, 2013

to Virginia

Clara and I spent the last week in VA with my mom. And I'm disappointed because the entire time we were there I managed to take only a single picture:


That's it. Clara in the jumper.

What I didn't get a picture of:

Clara and grandma and all their giggles.
And great-aunt Lori (she flew out from Dallas for the week as well).
And grandpa (even if he was only there the last night.)

Clara attacking the cats. Last time we were there they ignored each other. This time she was crazy about the kitties. Once she can move more than two feet and hour they better watch out.

Lunch in Richmond with some of the girls I miss sooo much.
And some of the best Italian take-out ever.

Lots more food. And shopping trips. And girly movies. And a much-needed manicure.

And two for-the-most-part uneventful flights. Clara is becoming the expert flyer. She knows how to charm her fellow passengers with her big eyes and waves and smile.

And I survive. Nursing on planes is always awkward. But it conks a baby out every time.

And there was the moment I thought I'd be clever and unlock the umbrella stroller ahead of time before going through security. When I turned around it had folded itself up- with Clara in it! Oops. I think it took me a good five minutes to untangle and remove her from it. I'm sure nobody was watching.

Oh, and the sun. VA was warm. (Sixty feels like heaven to me now.)
But now we're home in frozen Chicago.

I'm sure I'll find an excuse to be back soon.



oh, and then I found these pictures on Dustins' phone: 
dropping us off at the airport (above) and
facetime with daddy (below)




No comments:

Post a Comment